Do you know, Vasthu is a logical explanation of scientific truths and facts.
Its principles are basically derived from properties of Mother Earth. Vasthu principles instruct ways to create buildings in harmony with nature, thus religiously following them makes it extremely beneficial for making one’s life peaceful.
Vastushashtra is based upon two important scientific facts:
- Magnetic Property of the earth, the gravitational and magnetic forces created by the materials inside the earth
- Rotation of the Earth on its axis and the centrifugal and other forces created by its movements.
Magnetic Property of the earth:
Our Mother Earth was created from the minerals and dust from the lava of Sun millions of years ago. Due to the large content of iron particles present in the form of solid and molten state in our Earth, it has a magnificent magnetic property. The North Pole emits the positive magnetic energy and the South Pole performs the Negative part receiving this energy. Hence our Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field all over its mass.
If we break a small magnet in to pieces, each part will get its own North and South poles and start acting as an individual magnet. Similarly, when the earth is divided into small parts as an individual’s property every division will attain a magnetic field having its own North and South Pole. As the buildings are constructed with the materials containing iron particles this magnetic effect is further magnified. Vasthushashtra applies certain principles to gain from this magnetic force.
Rotation of the Earth:
The main logic behind almost all the rules of Vasthu shashtra depends on these principles: We are traveling along with the Earth with all our belongings towards North East direction constantly at a speed of 1670 kilometers per hour. The forward direction is North East due to the inclination of the earth. The division of the earth, construction of buildings and utilization of the buildings shall not be against this motion.
For example, imagine yourself carrying a large and heavy box on a two wheeler (Bike):
- If the box is kept in the front side on the handle bar, it will reduce our speed and comfort as well as restrict our vision
- If the box is kept on either left or right side, you will lose your balance and might end up falling down
- The only best option is to tie the box in the backside of a carrier, so that our travel is totally comfortable.
This is the theory applied in the Vasthu Principles:
Our Earth is rotating inclined about 23.5 degrees towards North East direction and rotates on its own axis without any rest since more than 400 crore years. Moreover, the sun also rotates without any axles, bearings or motors. The weight we place at any of our building should not hinder its movement.
For example, imagine a bullock cart, which runs on only two wheels and without any ball bearings, is loaded fully. The cart man balances the cart by distributing the weight such that pulling it is comfortable for the bullocks.
The earth is rotating and rolling towards the North-East direction, hence keeping heavy weight at that direction would strain its moment.
Vasthushashtra divides a place mainly into nine parts aligning with the directions i.e. North, East, South, West, North East Corner, South East Corner, South West Corner, North West Corner and Center.
- North, North East Corner, East and the center are the places in the forward direction of the Movement. Keeping any heavy weight in these places will obstruct the movement and create discomforts. Avoiding heavy weight in these areas make the life peaceful and prosperous.
- South, West and South west Corners form the rear side of the movement. Keeping maximum weight at these places will make the travel comfortable and in harmony with the nature. Acquiring wealth and safe keeping them is the important factor of life. For creating the free flow of finance and saving money, keeping heavy weight in a building in these areas are important.
- North West and South East Corners are the two sides of the motion. Keeping light weight in these places with balance the movement. North West Corner denotes the social status and the south east Corner improves the health. By keeping balanced weight in these places improves the status and wealth of family members.